Jesus Wept over Jerusalem as He neared the city. He foresaw the turmoil that was coming.
The reason for the turmoil was simple. They rejected Jesus as the Messiah and they established their own righteousness.
ROMANS 10:3 For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.
This sums up the situation in many countries today. We are generally ignorant of God’s ways and His purposes during turmoil.
1. GOD USES TURMOIL TO REDIRECT HIS PEOPLE IN CHANGING EMPIRES
2. GOD USES TURMOIL TO BRING HIS COVENANT PEOPLE INTO THEIR PROMISE.
3. GOD USES TURMOIL TO HUMBLE THE PEOPLES WHO PERSECUTE THE PEOPLE OF GOD.
I am not sure how much God sends turmoil or whether it is unleashed through the sowing of unrighteousness and reaping the consequences of it. There is a balance in this.
What are the dangers in turmoil?
1. Compromising godly principles for temporary relief.
2. Having a lack of trust makes us embrace worldly principles for social acceptance and social benefits.
3. Appeasing “contrary principles” and abandoning our own never makes friends of enemies.
Enemies are those who actively oppose the Christian faith in favour of ungodly societies and lifestyles. We in Christ do not set out to make enemies but our very identification with Christ reveals who are our enemies.
We see a classic case in my view. Greece is an example which I have kept my eye on for a few months. The last talks were 20 hours in which Tsipras was subject to horrendous attack.
He came back to his nation with an agreement worse than ever. He was standing for anti austerity but came back with a worse scenario.
He is a broken leader as I see it. As he could not stand the pressure . I don’t think any of us could. But I see him bowing out of politics because Europe and it’s draconian rules were too oppressive.
Such an onslaught of turmoil could sway us from faith? Remains to be seen.
We received papers and we have no house as yet. We need finances to pay court order and new house deposit. Please pray. If you can help use PayPal on email@example.com.